With Who it Happened....

With Who it Happened....

Where it happened....

How It Was Able To Happen....

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend--Mission Reunion




Well I can't believe that it is October again my friends. Feels like yesterday i was coming off that plane from Guatemala and it has been 15 months. My brother Glen has 8 months left in his mission. Thats crazy. 

So this weekend i went down and saw my mission president and his wife. 


I was also able to reunite with some of my good friends from the mission. Some of my best friends that I was with during my whole mission however weren't there. I missed seeing Elder Moss and my trainer, Elder Hansen, who both seem to have more important things going on right now. (I guess hunting and going to Guatemala are more important)


Here I am with Elder Petty. He replaced me as Branch President there in Joyabaj. Elder Peck and I drove down with his friend Spencer Rammell. In the middle is Elder Caldwell. You can't see it very well but he is supporting a "I Love Jesus" hat. Gotta love that kid. Then there is me. and my good friend Elder Ellis. He's married, and since he's been married I hardly ever talk to him. But i assume married people are very busy. You know with all the work and school. (Riiiiight...haha)

I was also able to see my old roommate Brad Kramer. It is cool to see people you have not seen for 3 or 4 years and see what a mission does to a person. We are all more mature and have the same goals it seems like. It's just taking some of us a little longer to get there. But it's cool to see some people get married that were Dear John'ed on the mission and felt like they had no hope if that one didn't work out. 



I LOVED conference as well. I think that the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 focused all their talks on me this time. I think it is like that always if we pay attention to what the spirit tells us. Every talk can be personalized I believe. But I really liked President Eyring's talk in the Priesthood Session. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed with things. School, Work, Dating, Fulfilling Church Callings, Attending the Temple regularly and we think "well when I get older it will get easier." It's not that way. In fact, it is the opposite. I have just come to the realization that I need to get back to planning every hour, every day just like i did in the mission. I seem to have achieved everything I had set out to do when i organized myself like that. I recieved so much comfort from the speakers this weekend. The world with the economy as it is can be such a scary thing. But conference gave me a whole new aspect. The Lord will protect us if we are keeping his commandments and trying our hardest to do all those necessary things we need to do in life. He won't let us fail. I'm excited to see what life has in store for me these next few years. Well, until next time. :)

1 comment:

nataley said...

Ry, you are the bomb as always. I think it is time for you to update your blog!